Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected

In my last message to Heyboer, I included a full transformer schematic and another diagram that shows the winding stack-up. As I said, if I had any inkling that what they were offering as a replacement for the Dynaco A470 was any different from the original design, I never would have ordered it. The horse is already out of the barn. If I ever order from them again it will be only after exchanging detailed information on what I want and expect. The bad aspect for Heyboer and their potential customers on this item is that the units displayed only show some external images that do not contain any real detail that might reveal the construction. Externally they look just like the OEM Dynaco units as to size and shape, but with Heyboer part numbers printed on them.

They do need to provide more details of the construction of this item and a schematic diagram of the transformer to help potential customers make a better informed decision.

If I cannot return the unit for credit, I will keep it and eventually may build up a utility amplifier or pair it with one of two similar Williamson type transformers I already have on hand. Such a project will be a long way off though.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.