Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected

The reason I first checked with them was that I was thinking of having them rewind the original transformer with new bobbin and wire etc. Heyboer does have a good reputation for doing such work on antique radios which is part of my hobby. If all I had wanted was a Williamson type transformer it would have been OK, but not for this fine amplifier. It would require providing screen grid B+ feeds using some value of dropping resistor and bypass capacitors. I just did not want to go there. Heyboer did not have an adequate description of their transformer, if there had been such, I would have immediately known it was not what I wanted.

As it turned out I have ordered a new replacement from DynakitParts.com today and it along with a new chassis and hardware will ship on Monday. I have all the parts removed now from the old chassis. The DynakitParts transformer was only a few dollars more anyway. The company is combining the orders for a new chassis, hardware and the transformer to save some shipping costs for me.

I will keep the old defective transformer and may dig into it some time in the future to see exactly how it failed.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected - strijw426 13:23:40 09/06/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.