Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected

Today I received a replacement for a Dynaco A470 transformer from Heyboer Transformer Co., their designation Dynaco 470, NTS-8093) I was expecting a true ultra-linear transformer like the original; that is, a primary with a center tap, two screen grid taps and two plate leads. Instead what I received was a unit with a primary which has only a center tap and two plate leads (a Williamson design type). I am quite irritated.

Now I have to wait for a return authorization, pay for shipping it back and credit to be applied to my account. Then I will have to order from another company to get the right part. Unfortunately Heyboer Transformer Co. does not have a photo of the transformer nor a schematic diagram for customers to verify what is offered is what they really want.

My advice to anyone who deals with Heyboer Transformer Co. is to call them and talk to someone who understands the technical issues and make sure what Heyboer offers will meet your needs before placing an order. I was quite surprised to receive an item that was not a true duplicate of the original ultra-linear design.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected - strijw426 10:54:31 09/05/14 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.