Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Any Rogue Audio Stereo 100 users here? Looking for opinions ....

I have experience with the prior model Rogue Stereo 90 Super Magnum which I had 'hand picked' KT120 tubes installed. I bought the KT120s direct from Rogue at a very fair price, no crazy markup over other suppliers like the TubeStore or TubeDepot.

I'm not sure if Rogue made big design changes to the ST-100, you should ask them, but one of the issues with using KT120s in the Stereo 90 was proper fit with the amp cover on. Some KT120s are slightly taller than others and when installed, the perforated cover might touch the top of the tube, preventing you from securing the cover with it's screws.

Rogue hand picked 'short' KT120s for use in my Stereo 90 and everything fit and sounded wonderful. I would imagine that at a minimum Rogue changed some dimensions somewhere to ensure proper fit with any off the shelf KT120. Just a guess, but I would hope they fixed this in the ST-100.

As for sound, my Stereo 90 Super Magnum with KT120s was wonderful but I sold it as the Cronus Magnum integrated is slightly 'warmer' probably due to it's built-in tube linestage. I was driving the Stereo 90 directly from my W4S DAC at the time but a good tube linestage would likely have been a better combo.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Any Rogue Audio Stereo 100 users here? Looking for opinions .... - AbeCollins 11:05:47 09/02/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.