Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: close

I have one of the original Peachtree iDecco with an output power of probably a bit under 40wpc. They rate it 40wpc into 8 Ohms at a rather high 1% distortion. That's why I say it's probably more realistically a bit lower than that at lower distortion levels.

But to my point. Have you heard the older Class AB Peachtree integrated amps and compered them to the newer ones that went Class D? The iDecco that I have sounds very nice but it seems to be a little rolled off up top, which might be just what the doctor ordered for some folks. It does what it needs to do in our family room but I want to upgrade it someday and not break the bank.

I owned the Graham Slee Gold Era V MM phono and the factory built Hagerman Coronet "Silver" with some higher quality parts. I liked it a lot but I preferred the Graham Slee for it's resolution and improved bass dynamics. The only minor issues I had with the Graham Slee was the need for it's external power supply and SUT for MC cartriges... which also meant more cable clutter. Another excellent value in a phono is the PS Audio GCPH which handles MM & MC. I found it to be about 95% of what Graham Slee offered sonically but more versatile in a one-box solution for both MM & MC cartridges. It gets very little respect but I think it's great phono which can be found used in the $500 - $600 range.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: close - AbeCollins 12:26:09 08/27/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.