Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Absolute Sound review of first ARC solid state gear online?

Check your inbox for the lengthy team review work.

BTW, thank you for asking me to take out this golden oldie issue as it brought back so many fond memories. My recollection likely contains some sugar frosting and along with my electrostats, I am biased as it reminds me how much I enjoyed reading the reviews from a long term and greatly influential audio mentor to me, JWC. It was hearing his Dayton-Wrights in that time frame that forever etched a preference for full range stats into my late teens psyche.

1977 represented a significant step in my audio tutelage and ascent upon the steep part of the bell curve of audio goodness awareness. It was that year I purchased my first stats, the Acoustat X having heard them the year before at JWC's when Bob Rieman and Jim Strickland brought a pair for review. HP (who I was to meet about a year later at chez Coolege) had a lengthy commentary on them in this issue. I was using a Van Alstine FET-5 MKII preamp (also reviewed in this issue).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Absolute Sound review of first ARC solid state gear online? - E-Stat 08:10:15 08/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.