Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Anyone heard the Audible Illusions L3 line stage?

"Their preamps are very musical and it's doubtful you will find another full featured tube preamp with a great phono section and a very generous amount of inputs and outputs for anywhere near their 3900.00 asking price.."

Another option in that general price range is the Cary SLP 98P. Four inputs, dual outputs, remote (volume and mute), plus excellent phono stage for this price range. For me it has responded very well to NOS tubes, improving the sound considerably. You can pretty much voice it to your tastes.

It has the dual channel gain controls (for balance) in addition to the master volume. As Abe pointed out this allows you to control the sensitivity and range of the master volume. I love that feature. I haven't worn out a tube yet in four years. Preamp tubes should get you close to 10 years depending on usage. If the AI unit burns through tubes quickly that sounds like a design flaw.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anyone heard the Audible Illusions L3 line stage? - jsm71 10:06:02 08/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.