Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Thanks for your feedback.

You're right that MF has had issues with service in the States. They changed importers 3 times over the past 10+ years, first with Kevro, then Signal Path, and finally Tempo Distribution. MF has also lost some of their dealers with the most recent changes. Now they've opened Musical Fidelity North America, which I hope will be a change for the better. I figure North America is a larger market than the U.K./Europe (though hi-fi is perhaps taken more seriously there), so the company ought to iron out customer service issues. I also think MF went in a different direction sonically starting the the kW line (the regular production units that replaced the A308 as top-of-the-line, not the Tri-Vista gear).

Glad you found something you liked with the Ayon, which has gotten only positive attention, and has stunning looks to boot. I've not been fortunate enough to hear a CD 07. The tubed CD players of my experience include the Aj! Njoe Tjoeb 2000 (owned the basic model - no upsampler) and the BAT VK D-5 (heard with familiar material in several different systems over the years).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.