Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Jeff Korneff- John Hogan amplifiers

Jeff makes mostly 45 SET amplifiers and of those I've owned at least 4 they have a very full detailed near real sounding midrange but at only 2 watts if lucky not a lot of bass drive and a bit rolled off on top overall very high quality sound very usefull for bi or tri amplification. To get the most out of Johns or Jeffs amplifiers you need great care in loudspeaker selection. I have owned 3 John Hogan amplifiers one a 300b model. They do have the similar mid sound to the Jeff K but very low quality build can be a bit noisy are prone to issues requiring repair and yield a very bloated bass below 40 hz and the usual rolled off on top. Many loudspeakers used on SET have reduced bass frequencies [hoffman's iron law ] so the 40hz bloat might not be a issue if loudspeakers not outputting 40hz. I respect Johns work but Jeffs amps are the better deal. I know lots of amps to have owned and its but a few that have gone through my hands but as I design loudspeakers I tend to go through amplifiers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Jeff Korneff- John Hogan amplifiers - Kloss 07:34:10 08/09/14 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.