Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Abs1, perhaps we got off on the wrong foot...

First of all, I am most definitely *not* an Emotiva fanboy. In fact, I have been banned, TWICE, from the Lounge for stating my dissatisfaction with their handling of product releases and for taking several of their annoying fanboys to task for their blind allegiance to Emo and Big Dan.

IMHO, the XMC-1 product development and release has been one of the most amateurishly handled endeavors in HT history. I signed up on the preorder list over 5 years ago when the XMC-1 was touted as costing $995 and the release date was going to be within 6 months or so. Since then, the price was raised to $1495 and then $1995. Additionally, they initially made a HUGE deal about having TacT RCS and used that to justify the price increase to $1495. And then, after they missed their "set in stone" release date, they finally tell us that their deal with TacT fell thru and that they would be now using Dirac. And, of yeah, now the price is gonna be $1995.

Long story short, Emo have lied to their customers and have engaged in deceptive practices. For these reasons, I doubt that I will be purchasing the XMC-1. And if you read my inital post, NOWHERE do I claim that I am a buyer of the product. That is something that many seemed to have assumed, wrongly.

Nonetheless, IF Emo makes good on their promise to incorporate Dirac within the next 60 days, and IF the product lives up to its potential (which is undoubtedly huge), it *will* be a true giant killer and should strike fear into the hearts of Krell, Classe, McIntosh, et al

I also own several Emo products, one of which is the UMC-1. And you know well the problems that unit has suffered from. And I do not believe that my initial post was a gushing endorsement of Emotiva. Read it again, the only thing that could be construed as gushing would be my "long awaited" phrasing. And the fact of the matter is that it *has* been long awaited by many. Perhaps not here, but if all informational posts were limited to what the denizens here discuss regularly, no new products and info. would be disseminated.

So, howzabout we let bygones be bygones and, maybe, be a little more reluctant to assume bad intentions without proof positive of same?

Best Wishes,
-RW-

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.