Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Well, wait a minute. I think you and Abe are discussing apples and oranges

The Foundation is an AMAZING analogue line stage preamplifier. So, while it is a HT digital processor as well, and a wonderful sounding one at that, Krell makes it for those of us who want a real two-in-one dedicated system that does not compromise on 2 channel analog sources.

Also, though I have not heard any of the iBias amps yet because they are only trickling them out now. the Chorus 5200 and 7200 are in the same line and based on the same circuits and components as the Solos and the Duos, they just have more channels and put out less power. In other words, Krell is finally putting out top of the line multichannel amps. Their more affordable pricing is pretty much across the board now and not limited to the multichannel pieces, which I see as a positive. More money gets you more power for sure.

I don't think that's what Abe meant. Back in the day, Krell came out with the KAV series as a cheaper alternative to their high end gear. And while some of it was oriented to HT, not all of it was. In fact, Abe himself describes 2 channel only pieces, and I owned the KAV 300i integrated, which for some bizarre reason garnered great professional reviews, and sound as Abe describes his KAV pieces. Not musical at all.

The new stuff is all part of the same series basically, and the Foundation is a God-send to someone like me who had gotten tired of using a theater loop in a preamp or integrated to avoid having to use the processor as the preamp.

I'll be posting a formal review of the Foundation in the coming weeks.
___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

Edits: 07/13/14 07/13/14 07/13/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.