Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

My ZVOX model 430 arrived. I am pleasantly surprised !!

I have it resting just under the wall mounted TV on the fireplace mantle. The ZVOX sounds much better than the TV speakers which is to be expected but I didn't expect it to sound better than my Acoustic Research AR570 Powered Partners.

I also had a pair of Audioengine P4 passive bookshelf speakers driven by the Peachtree Audio iDecco integrated amp driven from the TV.

The ZVOX sounds much better and I attribute some of that to it's built-in subwoofer. The Audioengine and AR570's lacked bass response in this application. I have the subwoofer in the ZVOX turned up just a notch or two which is great w/o becoming boomy. I have the PHASECUE control turned up just one notch which is barely noticeable but it helps.

For $199 shipped to my front door, these speakers are a huge bargain and much better than the sound bars I tried at BestBuy and the like.

My TV has a headphone output jack in back and I use it to drive the ZVOX. I'm able to use the TV remote (or CableTV remote in this case) to adjust the volume level. After some initial setup I was able to put the ZVOX remote away. I also like the auto power saving feature which shuts off the ZVOX after a few minutes w/o any signal input.

This is one of the best bargain buys that was easily worth the price!

Thanks All.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.