Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

updates

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reminder, I was way overdue in updating my system profile.

One component not listed is my Cayin A-300P integrated amp. That is left over from an experiment with HE speakers a few years ago. It is class A with a pair of 300Bs in push/pull operation producing 20 wpc. Of course I tried that with my Janszens and while it sounded very nice with uncomplex music at modest levels it simply fell short for adequate power.

My friend jsm71 also has zA2.1s and has driven them with 25 and 40 wpc Decware amps. Apparently his room is much smaller than mine and he may listen at more modest levels. Still, he reports great listening pleasure with both of those options.

Also I'm old enough that my first stereo system included a Dyna ST-70 while that was still in production. So tubes are rather ingrained in my listening sensitivities.

For all those reasons I have high hopes for the Silver 88s.

And yes, if not for the distance it could be fun to audition one another's systems. I expect our musical tastes would overlap a fair bit.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing, if you can fake that you've got it made." Groucho

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • updates - M3 lover 16:18:56 07/02/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.