Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Yamaha MX D1

After listening to this for a few days, my initial impression is that the MX-D1 is one of the finest sounding solid state amps I've ever had the pleasure to audition. You would never peg the sound coming from it as anything but incredibly musical, and certainly not typical Class D.

The sound from the amp exhibits a natural presence that very few amps can match, with a warmth that I've never heard from any Class D amp to date. It is a real pleasure to hear the positive effects 500 watts can have on the music reproduction. There is also real depth to the sound stage (at least with my speakers). I also find the imaging to be quite good. Instruments seem to be presented with fairly precise location, and a symphony sounds very much like one hears at a symphony hall. The bass does not have the last bit of slam, but, it is ACCURATE. It sounds very much like what one hears live, where bass is felt as much as heard (no mid bass hump).

In summary, I can't understand how this amp didn't see more success. Yamaha got this one right, to be sure. I wonder if Yamaha were to introduce an updated audiophile Class D amp in today's market, would it see better success? I would think the market has changed since it was first released, and perhaps it would be better received in today's environment.

I'm very happy to get this amp, which will not be going anywhere anytime soon.
" Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you"

Satchel Paige

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yamaha MX D1 - Freo-1 14:19:59 04/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.