Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: What is your budget???

$7000 is a very respectable budget...
You can click on my name and it will list all my components...
As I stated this is all soooo subjective...everything I am listing is well with-in your budget...

First find a speaker you really like...KEF LS50's??? or whatever YOU like...
Do your homework then...find which amp has good synergy with YOUR speakers

Second, I like Magnepan speakers...soundstage, imaging, transparency and detail...

I personally like tubes some where in the chain, so my Pre-amp is Conrad Johnson, depth, warmth...my DAC has tubes also...

I do own a Bel Canto Amp, (currently not using), that replaced a older Parasound...I have not heard any of the newer stuff from them...

My current amp is a Sanders Magtech, which is designed to drive Maggies, and truly a beast of amp that displays effortless sound...900 watts into 4 ohms

If I would not have bought the Sanders, I would have bought the Gilmore Raptor mono blocks...one of the inmates, whose opinion I trust, owned these for quite a few years...it took a very expensive tube amp to replace it...for the Pair of Monos is $2500...great value... 500 watts into 4 ohms...

Since you are using a receiver, (and a legendary one to boot), I might look at a good integrated amp...lots of happy Wyred for Sound (they have a 30 day trail period), users out there...they make two different integrated amps...as well as bel canto...which I am putting in my cousins house with a pair of Super MMG's...

AS far as the best I have heard....well that is easy...
Avantguard, (sp?), Trio speakers $70K
Wavelength 2A3 amps, these are 4 watt amps, $20k
Clearaudio Master reference LP rig $50K+
Conrad Johnson ART preamp $20K
The musicians were in the room with you...spooky good...

Enjoy the journey...good luck...let us know if we can help in anyway...
thanks
Mark

Drop me an email if want to talk offline...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.