Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: At best Cheever defines the euphonic, not the accurate

I think the E is one of the more transparent speakers around and the most cohesive of 2 ways I've heard - properly set-up they can create in room pressure of instruments that very few speakers possess - even very large speakers. I quite enjoy reading the polarizing commentary on the sound of the loudspeakers - I've read them for years. (Too bright, too dull), (huge bass, lightweight bass), (vague soundstage, Panoramic soundstage, fills the room like MBL soundstage), vocals are crystal clear, vocals have a hand cupped feel), (Bass is slow, fast, tight, coloured, clear, warm, lean).

As an AN speaker owner (having owned or continue to own the AN J/Spe, AN K/Spe, and AX Two) I am not the most objective person on their sound.

I am leaning to the AN E/Spx HE Alnico as the next speaker if I can sell off some things. The reality is there is a space element to be considered. Bass is a funny thing - my KEF LS50 has deeper punchier bass than the AX Two - and it's a terrific standmount that is getting worldwide hype from the press and owners. And I like it - but If I had to keep only one I'd keep the AX Two. For all the hi-fi things it's not - it's a more engaging loudspeaker to listen to to me. I'd still like to hear Line Magnetic's loudspeakers based on those WE designs.

Edits: 04/05/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: At best Cheever defines the euphonic, not the accurate - RGA 00:53:14 04/05/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.