Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: At best Cheever defines the euphonic, not the accurate

True there was no shout but this was the highest level of AN (UK) that I have heard so far. I have heard the absolute to of the Kondo tree (Gaku Oh and their more recent 211 based monos) M100 preamp and M100 DAC and found them to be quite special.

While there was no shout, I still wouldn't classify the sound as realistic in some ways. In that sense it was too lacking to lay out that kind of money. What I would really like to hear are the AN (UK) Kegon parallel 300B amps and a DAC 5 signature but I am still not convinced by the AN speakers...really the bass even though in a corner was not as good as I get with my L'integrales, which have really a superb bass...much better than the MMCs I have or the Royal Virtuosos I auditioned a while back (those were pretty great though...better than my MMCs I think).

I would never run Ref 3a with pure SS, except for maybe BAT or Edge (NL series). My NAT hybrid is excellent and so was the VAC 30/30 I sold to a friend (he also has Ref 3a MMCs). Kind of regret selling the VAC but it was just SLIGHTLY lacking that SET magic. I drove the hell out my other friend's Thiel CS3.7...only my KR VA350i sounded as good on his Thiels and world's better than his Octave monos.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.