Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: My "good" and "bad" recordings

"It would seem a matter of definition that less distortion is more accurate than more distortion, however I suppose that weighting by type distortion might be relevant. Maybe Cheever ought to get off his ass and work on this."

You really don't want to read these things do you?? WTF do you think the Cheever thesis is about?? What do you think the Geddes papers are about?? They both develop very sophisticated weighting models for the audibility of distortion. The first to propose a weighting was D.E.L. Shorter from the BBC. Both CHeever and Geddes have found it was not a strong enough weighting factor and that the higher orders are sadly audible at even very low levels.

I won't discuss any of this further with you because you seem to refuse to educate yourself. If you read them all and don't understand any of it then just say, "Look, I tried but failed to understand it can you explain it to me". But making stupid comments like the one above means I am fighting a battle of wits against an unarmed man!

If you read and understand and have an argument as to WHY their models might be bogus then we can have a real debate but you are arguing from a point of utter ignorance and that is sad (Pythagoras indeed!)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.