Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

You are missing the obvious

What's with the nasty attitude?

You said: "You don't but the only people who can directly compare the original sound with the recorded version (ie those who are present during the recording) do so all the time.

One has to wonder who is wrong: you or the engineers, producers and artists. No... wait... one doesn't as the answer is obvious."
-------------------------

Anybody who has ever heard unamplified instruments at a live performance, such as a classical concert, knows how instruments truly sound. A good example is an intimate chamber music session, where you often can sit very close to the performers. One can take in the distinctive sound of each instrument: the fundamentals and overtones, the richness and beauty.

You do not need to visit a recording studio to learn what violins, cellos, or flutes sound like, do you?

If you then play multiple chamber music recordings from different labels and all of them sound hard, sterile, and cold through one amplifier and reminiscent of the real thing via a different amp, then it is obvious which unit does a better job of reproduction.

The Bryston amps I have auditioned--at length with my own reference recordings--were always sterile and cold, and stripped away the richness of the instruments.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.