Amp/Preamp Asylum

RE: I disagree

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Amp/Preamp Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I have not seen or sold one of these amps in production-ready status,
as they have been undergoing metalwork issues. Nor have I been promoting them here.

As such, they didn't enter my mind when posting what I thought was a reasonable suggestion arising from years of experience voicing systems all over North America.

What did enter my mind was the hundreds of systems set-up by audiophiles with mismatched amps that I've heard that were satisfying on a sound effects level, but never on an a serving the music level.

You can say all that you like in a disparaging manner - however, it was my intent to help and is the only reason I post here.

I do not and have not mentioned the products I sell.

I'd be shocked if your system is performing at more than 50% of its performance capabilities if you reject common-sense advice from someone with vastly more successful experience that you have.

But it your prerogative to make character insinuations.

When you think about the manufacturer/industry types who no longer post here, this is a primary inducement to just give up on providing advice.

Not that my advice is anything special, but I've been contributing here when I thought I could help for about 12 years. Go back and read what I've said and look for self-aggrandizement.

Not sure why, but the description of my advice as bunk especially hurts. Hopefully you were just having a bad day when you wrote it.

Best regards,

Jim Smith

Follow Ups: