Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
A member on Agon has a Cary 7.250 amp that trips the 15 amp magnetic breaker on the back of the amp every time he tries to power up the amp.
A look inside the Cary 7.250
He lives in a high rise apartment building in NYC.
The Amp has been checked out by Cary, no problem.
He took the amp to a friends house, no problem, worked fine.
He was told by somebody to connect a 50' extension power cord to the amp to solve the problem.
The 50' extension cord is 16/3. The cord allows the amp to go through the active mode start up process with no problems.....
I have supplied a link of the Agon thread below. If you can find the time I would appreciate it if you would read the thread and post back your thoughts.
I read a white paper you wrote a few years back on "power quality". If anyone can figure out the problem, I believe you can....
Edits: 08/31/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Ping, Charles Hansen. - jea48 21:34:36 08/31/12 (8)
- sounds like an apartment problem - Joe Murphy Jr 13:49:52 09/01/12 (1)
- I asked the owner to turn off everything in the apartment except the circuit that feeds the amp. - jea48 09:36:22 09/02/12 (0)
- RE: Cary amp. - cdb 13:06:12 09/01/12 (3)
- RE: Cary amp. - jea48 10:33:27 09/02/12 (2)
- Not sure I can help. - Charles Hansen 08:15:34 09/01/12 (1)
- RE: Not sure I can help. - jea48 09:03:37 09/01/12 (0)