Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Raptor posted by ahendler on July 29, 2012 at 09:51:26:
I use them on my Infinity RSIIb speakers, which have planar mids and tweeters with PP cone woofers. They do a great job in delivering controlled, tight bass without being strident on the high notes. Smooth, crystal clear midrange as well.
I originally auditioned the Gilmore Raven stereo amp on a pair of Zu Druids (since replaced by the vintage Infinities), versus NuForce Ref 9 V2 SE and Atmasphere S30. While the S30s had slightly more midrange bloom, the Raven was solid and tuneful throughout the musical spectrum. NuForce was a distant third, hard and strident sounding in my system.
When I moved to the VERY different Infinity speakers, the Raven didn't miss a beat - I upgraded to the monoblock Raptors and was rewarded with even more powerful bass without losing anything in the rest of the spectrum. I don't envision ever selling them.
Edits: 07/31/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Raptor - ahendler 09:51:26 07/29/12 (12)
- I own a pair - Maxamillion 04:51:01 07/31/12 (2)
- RE: Raptor - Notimportant 07:06:02 07/30/12 (0)
- RE: Raptor - Winston Smith 21:56:52 07/29/12 (7)
- Clarification - Ralph 14:16:48 07/30/12 (0)
- RE: Raptor - ahendler 22:01:18 07/29/12 (4)
- RE: Raptor - Dawnrazor 02:00:50 07/30/12 (3)
- Correction: MG-20s - Winston Smith 22:00:43 07/29/12 (0)