Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Salon2/St2/Voice 2 amplification.

A friend of mine uses the 220 wpc Lamm M2.2 hybrid monoblocks with his Salon 2 speakers. He says the sound is great. (I've not had a chance to hear them yet, as he lives a fair distance away.) Another friend uses the same Lamm amps with his Rockport Antares, and I've heard that system many times, and it is one of the very best I've heard ever. (In fact, we've compared several amps to the Lamms, including the DarTZeel NB-108, the Manley Neoclassic 250s, the VTL MB-450s, and the only one that comes close to the sound is the VAC Phi 300.1 stereo amp, which I consider the equal to the M2.2s).

I use the predecessor to the Lamm M2.2s, (the 200 wpc Lamm M2.1 hybrid monoblock amps), with my Eggleston Andra II speakers, and except for a slight bit of darkness in the top end, I am incredibly happy with the results. (FYI: The M2.2 eliminated this small bit of darkness.) I should point out that I used these same Lamm amps with my previous speakers, the Revel Studios, (original version), and they took the sound to a much higher level of refinement than the Levinson No. 23 stereo amp that preceded them.

My two cents worth.
Good Luck in your search!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.