Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

The 'leave it on all the time' was one of my deciding factors between a used REF3 or my bryston BP-26

I still waffle over should I have gotten the ARC REF 3.. or just be happy with my Bryston BP-26.
On of thosse watershed moments in highend audio.
I can say i love my setup. so it boils down to just a what if...
But it still nags me (because the used REF 3 was the first choice, and the Bryston the second..in my fantasy picks anyway..)Bwah hah hah...
I came within the
item for sale/ money not here until next week sort of thing and the money which was supposed to be here and was 'delayed' (so the company could still make $ on interest holding it as long as legally allowed)
So i missed the local REF3 on sale.. (damn damn damn)
Anyway, after HEARING the Bryston BP-26, and thinking over paying for changing tubes on the REF3.. and loving to leave stuff on 24/7.. that part helped to swing for the Bryston. (plus the 20 year warranty on my 'last' ever preamp)
I would have had to buy the REF3 unheard... That also might have made a difference.

Edits: 07/16/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The 'leave it on all the time' was one of my deciding factors between a used REF3 or my bryston BP-26 - Elizabeth 04:33:12 07/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.