Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Yes, I will. This is when the Asylum shines.

I'd like to forgo the buying and selling and simply make the best decision the first time, who wouldn't?

When I began there were a pair of original owner MFA M200's that looked great and were selling for a very reasonable price. I hesitated one day too long. There's another pair up right now but they look like they've been stored in a damp environment.

Right now, and to my surprise, the Carver is high on the list but they're a bit more than I'd like to spend. There are a couple of positive professional reviews yet there doesn't seem to be any actual user reviews which makes me feel a bit sketchy. But hey, I took a flyer on the PS Audio HCA-2 before there were any reviews. I needed an amp and planed to return it during the 30 day trial. I ended up enjoying a few switching amplifiers.

The Music Reference RM200 is another. Both seem to be able to handle the load my speakers present. Both would be next to impossible to audition easily.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.