Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: NAD724PE vs 1600 preamp?

It doesn't matter that he specifies "sold as-is" - he made the claim that it was "working very well" - and since it is NOT "working very well" then eBay would say this is a case of an item that is "NOT AS DESCRIBED."

On eBay, you are held to your description REGARDLESS of weasel words like "SOLD AS IS."

Contact Ebay and file a "not as described" complaint. Also contact PayPal.

If the guy doesn't offer to refund 100% of your money, including shipping, file a claim with PayPal- they have a "buyer protection" feature, if an item is not "AS DESCRIBED" you get your purchase AND shipping back. PayPal will drag the money back from the seller, they can reach right into his bank account- he agreed to that when he signed up with PayPal.

If he wants the unit back, HE has to pay for return shipping.

These are all official ebay and PayPal policies. If you file a claim with eBay and PayPal, he will have nothing to say about it.

But first, contact him, tell him the unit is "not as described" and tell him that unless he gives you 100% of your money back you are going to file a claim, and that if he wants the preamp back he needs to send you all your money PLUS shipping. If he doesn't agree, go ahead and file the claim. You have 45 days (I think) from the date of the sale to file. Maybe it's 90 days.
Science doesn't care what you believe.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.