Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Nah

I have owned several very high end preamps, two of which certainly took care of the cable non-problem or red herring that you speak of. Not as good as this autoformer. Not sure why you would make such an assumption without any knowledge.

Second, the increase in transparency resulting from a good passive is why I say that sometimes people who don't like passives may not simply like hearing more of their amplifier. There are many other reasons as well. You have done a nice job of putting competing products on the defensive but I would merely counter that many passives avoid the pitfalls of active circuitry. You don't like to listen to cables while others don't like to listen to resistors, capacitors, switches, valves, etc....choose your poison.

Third, there is no wrong choice. One likes the sound of line stages over a passive great? Vice versa and they know how to implement it? Great. I am guessing you are a bit more dogmatic about these things.

Have a nice weekend.

Edits: 06/15/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Nah - Plinko 14:06:53 06/15/12 (4)
    • RE: Nah - Ralph 15:22:48 06/15/12 (3)
      • RE: Nah - Plinko 16:39:06 06/21/12 (1)
        • RE: Nah - Ralph 08:02:07 06/22/12 (0)
      • RE: Nah - bradluke0 10:43:10 06/20/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.