Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Marantz PM8004

The post was the opposite. The Marantnz was full sounding and the NAD had the thinner or cleaner sounding.

When ever some one posts about a stereo it always sounds like there is a major flaw or problem. In reality I really enjoy my Marantz PM8004 VERY much. My particular problem basically is I'm bored!!!!!! Gee - that isn't a common audio complaint.

I've owned the PM8004 for about 14 months and I feel it is an excellent integrated amp. It's qualities are that it is a very full lush sounding stereo. Side by side with a vintage Marantz 2330 (150wpc circa 1976), they almost sound the same. With the exception of the PM8004 being a lot cleaner sounding. The sound is very full with a tremendouns midrange. Not in your face midrange, but "full". It can handle very complex and difficult music cleanly. It also plays just as well at low levels as it does at high levels. Also it can be played very loud with NO problem.

the Cons of this unit are: it is a tad bit laid back. So if you have speakers with a polite top end this amp may be a problem. you need speakers with a good top end. The imaging is good, not the best I've ever heard but not bad. Dynamics are good, about the same as the NAD.

I would recommend it. Very good all around amp with NO glaring flaws.

If you need any additional info just email

charles

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.