Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In a weak moment of moist sentimentality I recently acquired an SP10 mk2 rev 7 having previously owned sp11, 15 and LS5 in the past (still has orange Spragg caps in the powers supply tho' ?). It has just benefitted from sympathetic service; new photo-muting cicuit and power supply caps and I'm still snagging some issues in the line stage and it's back to the tech this week. (many thanks to Bambi B for past postings on valve selection) am rolling JJ,s, Tungram orange and Sovteks in the line stage.
Would appreciate any comments from other SP10 fans on line stage improvements.
prefer keeping kit stock/unmodifed as a rule; but will bypass the auto mute circuit (its reversible and simple).
Does anyone have experience of connecting the line stage to the 'phono bypass' toggle - it seems to me that it must be relatively straight forward to achieve, is reversible and should offer real improvement?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - ARC SP10 linestage mods - Frank Waller 11:54:46 06/08/12 (5)
- RE: ARC SP10 linestage mods - firstname.lastname@example.org 05:28:47 10/14/12 (0)
- RE: ARC SP10 linestage mods - casouza 14:27:30 06/09/12 (2)
- RE: ARC SP10 linestage mods - Frank Waller 06:01:45 06/11/12 (1)
- RE: ARC SP10 linestage mods - casouza 18:38:22 06/11/12 (0)
- RE: ARC SP10 linestage mods - casouza 13:46:34 06/09/12 (0)