Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
I have recently moved to a new house, and the listeneing room has 14 foot ceilings besides being longer and wider (17.5'X15') than my former room.
My Merlin monitors were sounding just about perfect in my smaller room, driven only by 15 watts of OTL power. Since moving to my new place I've had a very difficult time trying to make the Merlins right. Finally I figured that the problem is mostly a lack of amplification power.
So I borrowed a 125 watt solid state Sonographe 250 from a friend, and the Merlins are singing really nicely. Still, they're somewhat lacking in the "tactile" department. They just are not as meaty and full sounding and satisfying as they were before.
Any ideas on SS amps, under $1200 used, to possibly return the Merlins to their full majesty in a big room? Many thanks.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Need SS amp to return my Merlin Magic - email@example.com 14:28:02 06/03/12 (6)
- Look at Cary. They are good at "tactile". (nt) - JerryS 09:29:55 06/04/12 (0)
- RE: Need SS amp to return my Merlin Magic - JayG 07:26:35 06/04/12 (0)
- 14-foot ceilings?... - Neil49 16:31:00 06/03/12 (1)
- RE: 14-foot ceilings?... - firstname.lastname@example.org 18:19:41 06/04/12 (0)
- McCormack DNA-250 or DNA-500. - jeffreybehr 16:08:11 06/03/12 (0)
- RE: Need SS amp to return my Merlin Magic - Mechans 15:12:37 06/03/12 (0)