Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 posted by Rikkitik on June 2, 2012 at 09:56:31:
.....I will point out that this is all about synergy and the rest of your gear will decide if it mates or not. I tend to gravitate to higher resolution tube gear like ARC and VAC, because I seem to prefer soft dome speakers, which tend to sound more natural to me. Some have said that my favorite speakers, Verity Audio Parsifal's, are too polite. I no longer have the Verity's, but my current Soliloquy's are also warm and musical. If I were to combine my warm and musical speakers with warm and musical electronics like Cary, CJ, and according to Abe, Rogue, I'd fall asleep. Too much warmth is NOT a good thing.
I don't know what speakers Abe is using, but I have heard a couple of Bryston amps, and I find them too analytical for me, but maybe that was because I was mating them with a ARC or VAC preamp, I can't recall. Too much resolution is not a good thing either. It's all about balance and synergy.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 - Rikkitik 09:56:31 06/02/12 (10)
- RE: Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 - Rikkitik 10:25:24 06/08/12 (0)
- RE: Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 - Jesse 11:20:00 06/06/12 (0)
- RE: Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 - trcnetmsncom 10:31:12 06/03/12 (0)
- RE: Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 - Rikkitik 17:22:51 06/02/12 (0)
- RE: Rogue 99 to ARC LS25 - mulveling 12:53:51 06/02/12 (0)
- While I won't disagree with Abe..... - Justlisten2 11:52:48 06/02/12 (2)
- Another good point, thanks also nt - Elizabeth 16:40:23 06/02/12 (0)
- True - AbeCollins 12:24:06 06/02/12 (0)
- Run away! Run away! - AbeCollins 10:47:59 06/02/12 (1)
- Thank you. good points. nt - Elizabeth 16:38:49 06/02/12 (0)