Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Passive biamping works fine. posted by Kal Rubinson on April 23, 2012 at 06:55:31:
I upgraded to a CJ MF 2500A (w/bi-wire) and retired my MF 2100. About 6 months later I said geez its just sitting there I should try a passive horizontal bi-amp. Both have the same gain and input impedance and would be a great pairing in terms of level matching. The difference for me was great, especially where image and soundstage are concerned. I guess I'm one of the rare ones....... or perhaps many people don't properly implement their bi-amp setups.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Is it difficult to build a preamp with high and low outs? - Mechans 14:29:01 04/22/12 (9)
- Canary C900 can be used for bi-amping, I believe - Jay Buridan 19:56:52 04/22/12 (0)
- Mmmm - you seem to need some eddycation in "how it all works"?? :-)) ... - andyr 19:43:31 04/22/12 (0)
- RE: Is it difficult to build a preamp with high and low outs? - Awe-d-o-file 19:17:11 04/22/12 (4)
- Passive biamping works fine. - Kal Rubinson 06:55:31 04/23/12 (3)
- Just one point of view... - Victor Khomenko 15:55:25 04/22/12 (0)
- Lack of a viable market. - Kal Rubinson 15:10:09 04/22/12 (0)
- We've been here before Kal. - Awe-d-o-file 09:04:04 04/23/12 (1)
- Yes, we have. (NT) - Kal Rubinson 12:40:24 04/23/12 (0)