Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Absolutely!

I have my entire front end running off a PS Audio P500. Too many items to list, but plenty of reserve. I recently took advantage of the PS Audio PPP trade in and upgraded into two P5's. Other than some initial firmware issues and dealing with two returns, I havent regretted it nor looked back. I have a dedicated P5 running each Manley NEO250 EL34 monoblock. The NEO250's are pegging out at only 39% of the available power from the P5. Current is not an issue. If anyone tries to tell you the P5, or P10 or P3 are current restrictors or compromise performance, ignore them.

A great feature of the P5/P10 is the in rush current limiter of duplex station D, which is great for high powered amps.

I also tap off of one P5 to run my entire second system, which has VTL Compact 80 monoblocks & Deluxe preamp & XM radio tuner. Easy back ground listening per se.

Never are both systems on at the same time.

I have also gone one step further and I'm powering my entire system with a Richard Gray 3KW 220/110 balanced Substation Pro Isolation Transformer with ancillary Richard Gray 600S Choke.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.