Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Went to turn on the system yesterday and fired up a CD. Treble is fine but bass is highly attenuated. As if there were tone controls and the bass was all the way down.
The system is an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CDP, AES-AE3 DJH pre, AES Six Pac amps and Apogee Caliper speakers.
I substituted tubes in the CDP, pre, and the 12BZ7 on the amps. Nothing.
I switched out to another CDP. Checked cables. Even switched in small bookshelf speakers.
I can't find the source of the problem. But since it's in both channels, I'm suspecting the pre-amp. But what in a pre-amp would cause this problem?
Thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Where did all the bass go? I'm stumped!
I like it. I like it a lot.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Help! Something went wrong... - Jeff TOJ 13:07:39 03/17/12 (7)
- Connect the CD player directly to the amp - Frihed89 03:32:18 03/18/12 (1)
- Fixed!!! - Jeff TOJ 09:44:43 03/18/12 (0)
- RE: Help! Something went wrong... - mcguirek 16:30:04 03/17/12 (1)
- RE: Help! Something went wrong... - Jeff TOJ 17:04:15 03/17/12 (0)
- Perhaps a coupling cap went bad - Brian A 16:01:13 03/17/12 (2)