Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Solid State Power: MOSFET vs. Bipolar?

I can see, perhaps where my last post may lead you astray. The couple brands I mentioned include 2 which are mentioned a lot with Magnepan and 1 which isn't...Mac.
Not accurate. I'm a little on the obsessive side so approach things like a lunatic. IF I bought tube gear, I'd be tempted to go the 'rolling route' and finish off my last active brain cell. IF I did buy tubes I'd start with a pre. I understand (correctly?) the tubes last longer. The other thing. If I bought tube stuff, I'd end up with a tube checker and 300$ worth of Fluke and maybe even a scope....than cap tests and the road to insanity.

The fact that I'm not nutty about cables and power cords is evidence I'm not letting others choose my stuff by consensus. I DO see bunches of that, however, and you only rarely see my moniker in one of those 'what do I buy' threads where somebody asks about the 'best' something. I advocate listening. Tour local stores and get ideas of what you do or do not like. stuff like that. I've read many threads, for entertainment value, in which people advocate nearly opposite views...just a couple posts apart. The one 'best of' threads I did answer was one about inexpensive balanced cables. I was about the 5th person to advocate Mogami....while some other people were spending the OP's limit of 300$

Personally, I'd like to go hear more live music. I think that is my big weakness. I'd also like a larger base of stuff I've heard. The local emporiums are good for that and always have something interesting on, and I don't bug 'em......though I occasionally bring some interesting music.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Solid State Power: MOSFET vs. Bipolar? - pictureguy 19:30:47 10/14/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.