Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Diablo/BAT/Luxman/Pass/Bermester/etc

Thanks this is very relevant but now bamboozles the search a little - in a constructive way though. Sometimes you have to take a step back before reaching finish line... :}

The list is now:

a. Gryphon Diablo
b. BAT V300
c. Accuphase
d. Luxman 590A
e. Pass INT150
f. Burmester 082

If price was no object, which of the above would generally be considered best (versus specific to preferences and matching equipment which are critical of course but what if we could leave that out for now)?

Perhaps there is no such answer. If you read reviews it's hard to guess what the conclusion is, even in the same magazine with same reviewer for 2 different amps at around the same price. I've found many reviews obscure the findings enough that you cannot draw an easy conclusion.

What about Supernait? Could that relatively new amp be considered among the best integrated? Also Gamut D-150 and si-100. Are those in the same league?

Of course price is important and in the end will have to determine a balance. I can get Luxman and Diablo for very good price here. As you said, Pass could probably be obtained for a good price too. Simaudio is quite expensive here (but have dropoed i-7 from contention from earlier posts). BAT is about the same as in US. Have not seen Accuphase here yet.

I will likely look at new speakers too at some stage so having b&w805s is not a limiting factor long term...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.