Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: The midrange is a little more prominent on the 805

No need to apologize at all - I enjoy these discussions and the things I pick up along the way! I actually own B&W805s. I assume these are more efficient than N805 from your comments.

I listened again to Diablo yesterday (couldn't help myself) at the shop where it is broken in. Both cdp and speakers are high-end (called "Solution"). The sound was awesome on Don Mclean disc. The disc is old and a vocal rather falt (but decent) but instruments good. And that set up really brought out the details. Layers of sound and intruments shingled and cascaded over the wide soundstage.

I was also thinking of trying out Luxman - since someone here said to try Accuphase. They have 590A and the non-class-A model in the same shop. Will search for BAT again in a shop with other integrated too. Looks like my search is dragging out! :) Frustrating but fun - and always a bonus to learn along the way!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The midrange is a little more prominent on the 805 - KW13 20:56:16 07/02/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.