Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: No.

The one obvious reason for what you hear with a TVC revolves around the fact it is totally dependent on the source to provide all the qualites listed above.

If you're source lacks these qualities, the TVC can't make up for that. I find active preamps are capable of adding weight, dynamics ,harmonics etc. Where a source may not lack these qualities with that active unit.It will become painfully obvious with a TVC.

This isn't the TVCs job. The job of a TVC is to pass on faithfully what it receives from the source, not to make up for any deficiencies.

Yes a TVC requires many hours of burn in. It also requires a source that can handle the load from the amplifiers it is paired with. If it can't ..you will get poor results..that's the bottom line.

It is basically a point of view,I'm a source audiophile. I believe the source is the master of the system. Some think preamps lead the way. This is where all the different opinions start to show themselves about what a preamp is suppose to do. And how one decides whether one unit is inferior to another. A source audiophile will just change sources if he finds something lacking, a preamp audiophile... the preamp. Crazy as it sounds..it is very true.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: No. - Gmood1 06:27:34 04/17/07 (4)
    • Re: No. - saltyflies 15:23:04 04/17/07 (3)
      • Re: No. - Gmood1 16:04:46 04/17/07 (2)
        • Re: No. - saltyflies 12:03:09 04/18/07 (1)
          • Re: No. - Gmood1 12:24:12 04/18/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.