Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Eleven button presses to select Theater Pass Through mode !

Going from Input 1 (CD Player) to Input 4 and selecting Unity Gain for theater pass through mode took ELEVEN button presses (I counted!) on the Pass Labs 4-button remote control. Un freak'n believable!

And this isn't a one time "setup" issue. Input 4 is the only one that can be assigned unity gain for theater pass through. To complicate matters, Input 4 will not remain at Unity Gain. You have to select Unity Gain EACH and EVERY time you go to Input 4 !

The designer must have thought there was a shortage of buttons so he designed the entire user interface with just four of them. It must have been some personal engineering challenge to see if could be done with just four. Of course there was ZERO regard for the user experience. Talk about frustrating!

If it weren't for the fact that I like the way this preamp sounds and that it matches my Pass Labs power amp, I would chuck it in the trash.

The Pass Labs x2.5 preamp gets my vote for Rube Goldberg machine of the year!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Eleven button presses to select Theater Pass Through mode ! - AbeCollins 17:46:18 04/16/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.