Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Oh one other thing Andy_C

"How do you think I did it? With digital equalization, duh! "
That was not the question I asked, I wanted to know how you used equalization to achieve the same target curve.

"What the Hell are you talking about? I said I equalized the two amps to the same target curve"

I am interested in a more complete answer than what you have provided. How did you equalizee the FRs of the different amplifiers to the same target curve. There is not much in your post to respond to until you provide a more complete answer to my question.

"You didn't answer MY question though, do you do ANYTHING to correct for these so called horrible FR variations in amplifiers?"

Unlike you, I have an easily accessible up-to-date system profile, I suggest you read it before mouthing off, afterall I note that you used andy_c's system profile as a platform to further push your misguided preconceived notions.

On the substanstive issues of the post, there are two issue at play here, I was referring to SPEAKER FR variations due to differing amplifier output impedance though on further reflection amplifier FR variation itself is also an issue, though it's effect should be more consistent in various speakers.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.