Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: hmmm...

Hey Martin: I can't see how the load resistor will prevent any sonic impact that are the result of all the caps already in the multiplier can you? The load resistor limits available current being delivered to the diaphragm in the event the diaphragm crashes onto a stator or just gets close enough to arc. Further it is a major saftey feature. I have run my panels with out a load resistor but put it back in just to be on the safe side.
Have you considered building yourself a brand new set of twelve panels. If you use 30 guage heavy build magnet wire you can have anywhere from 20 to 32 wires per inch as opposed to the present 6 (actually less than that if you measure and account for grid space). Your panel efficiency should go up at least 12 db or more. No rocket science involved. You could probably pay for all the materials with the proceeds from selling your old Acoustat panels. Worth considering. Best regards Moray James.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: hmmm... - moray james 15:54:35 06/10/05 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.