In Reply to: thanks again, posted by paco on June 12, 2000 at 06:19:03:
The proximity of Wood to the caps and inductors significantly degrades the sound of the speaker. Three of us have discovered this the hard way. The best sounding XO would be a platform where the caps and inductors are supported by,
Polyethlene Bubble cap
Styrofoam soup cup
The effect of wood close by is greater than the effect of better wiring !!!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - attn Ed, Mike... goertz inductors - paco 07:47:35 06/11/00 (11)
- 12 ga Alpha Core has almost exactly the same DCR as stock (nt) - Ed Hsu 21:26:48 06/11/00 (8)
- good! how did you solve the bass volume problem? (nt) - paco 23:33:00 06/11/00 (7)
- Re: good! how did you solve the bass volume problem? (nt) - Ed Hsu 04:15:59 06/12/00 (6)
- Agree. Bass is superb! - MikeCh 05:54:07 06/12/00 (5)
- Re: attn Ed, Mike... goertz inductors - MikeCh 11:22:09 06/11/00 (1)
- Re: attn Ed, Mike... goertz inductors - paco 15:31:51 06/11/00 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.