Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Have a look...

Just copied this from one of my previous posts. Too add.....Just bubble wrap the outside of the orignal box first box first. Than build the crate quite snug around it.

Posted by magmann ( A ) on April 04, 2003 at 02:04:22

In Reply to: ribbon damage and sadness -- repair help? posted by transfigure on April 03, 2003 at 18:08:32:

I had my 2.7s sent from NY to Europe and there was no way I was going to take the damage arrival risk as the expense would have been too great. Re-claiming the insurance is almost always a hassle with these shipping companies. Remember also that the Shipping monkies don't care about your goods as they are in a hurry to finish thier day. Therefore our things are thrown around like hot potatoes.

In the future I will give you all some friendly inmate on hand advice. The original box s__ks for shipping and you can quote me. Have them crated around the box and insist if you can. I had mine delivered to a friend who did this for me with the corresponing dimensions with bubble or cartron between the box and the plywood. Also use screws if possible as opening them is a snap and you can re-use it later if you have to ship them. It cost me a bit more for wood and raised the weight by 30 kilos but I slept well at night before they arrived. I knew I made the right decision when the truck arrived and saw the way he threw the crate in the truck (blap, blop, bang). Imagine what happened before that. I was 200% sure they would have not arrived safe.

Than again the best is always a self-pickup if possible.

Good luck and I hope your jammin soon. Keep us posted as to the result.

MM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Have a look... - magmann 14:39:39 04/12/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.