In Reply to: XO update posted by Mart on July 1, 2004 at 12:59:51:
The RTX caps are fully extended HFs now. The QR tweeter sound is tight. It could do with a little loosening. However, cymbal forieties & strikes are distinctive. Natural decay has improved along with low level details.
The aluminum wire midrange through the Jensen CFAC inductor & Jupiter cap is very natural. It even has a tuby Amperex goo to it.
The copper wire woofer panel through the North Creek coil integrates with the midrange in very musical manner. The integration is nearly seemless. You can still tell that there's a XO but it takes an audiophile to do so, IMHO.
♪ moderate Mart £ ♫
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - XO update - Mart 12:59:51 07/01/04 (14)
- XO update 5 - Mart 06:29:26 08/13/04 (0)
- XO update 4 - Mart 13:55:37 07/13/04 (0)
- Re: XO update - Sampsa 07:15:07 07/07/04 (3)
- Re: XO update - Mart 08:08:07 07/07/04 (2)
- XO update 3 - Mart 10:20:29 07/06/04 (2)
- XO update 2 - Mart 16:55:36 07/02/04 (2)
- Foil coils vs. wire coils? - Beluga 10:20:25 07/04/04 (1)
- Re: Foil coils vs. wire coils? - Mart 10:39:42 07/04/04 (0)
- compared to? - P Bear 19:40:34 07/01/04 (1)
- Re: compared to? - Mart 20:11:24 07/01/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.