I have my one stripped MG2.7/QR that I used to play with XOer values. Well, last night I installed the components I have received (three 3uF RTX caps, .22mH Jensen coil & 20uF Jupiter cap). Initial impressions was less of a shrill sound that I noticed eever since the grills were removed.
Well, I can now say the midrange doesn't sound shrill at all. The wax dielectric in the Jupiter cap & Jensen coil worked. It has a very tube-like sound to it now.
The QR tweeter through the triple 3uF RTX caps is far more extended now than before. It can even reproduce piercing nature of cymbal strikes & brass horns. Meanwhile, as metal sounds more metallic, sibilance doesn't at all. It just sounds clearer.
I look forward to it breaking-in further.
♪ moderate Mart £ ♫
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - XO update - Mart 12:59:51 07/01/04 (14)
- XO update 5 - Mart 06:29:26 08/13/04 (0)
- XO update 4 - Mart 13:55:37 07/13/04 (0)
- Re: XO update - Sampsa 07:15:07 07/07/04 (3)
- Re: XO update - Mart 08:08:07 07/07/04 (2)
- XO update 3 - Mart 10:20:29 07/06/04 (2)
- XO update 2 - Mart 16:55:36 07/02/04 (2)
- Foil coils vs. wire coils? - Beluga 10:20:25 07/04/04 (1)
- Re: Foil coils vs. wire coils? - Mart 10:39:42 07/04/04 (0)
- compared to? - P Bear 19:40:34 07/01/04 (1)
- Re: compared to? - Mart 20:11:24 07/01/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.