Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Math Hertz

Maybe you don't like it but you have the fundamental knowledge of it's use. I could learn math in school long enough to pass a test, but it was gone in a month. I got an A in advanced algebra in 11th grade but I got a 57 on the final. Forgot it entirely.

The picture you posted didn't come thru, but I doubt it would have helped me get this post any more than the last one.

I do understand cancellation, but apply it with my ears and common sense. If parametric eq means creating a sound to negate a sound, I get the concept, but will never take that route to solve this problem. In any case, it's my friends problem : )

What really confuses me is how people throw out frequencies like they do. "Yeah, I have a problem at 400 hrz" How the hell do they know that? Not everyone can own test gear. I have no idea what 400 hrz sounds like. If there's a suck out at that frequency I'll hear it, but I won't be able to identify it, and frankly, I don't see the need to to solve the problem. Would I be better served by getting a clue? If so, how? Do you listen to test signal discs all day? The pic above is really how I feel about all this.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Math Hertz - Peter Gunn 09:40:28 03/31/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.