Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Magnepan Magneplanar 1.6QR Speakers

Nicely done! - Both review and mods, that is. It's gratifying to see that your effort was so rewarding, and you've done an excellent job of explaining the differences and the improvements. Looks as if you've given the new xover components plenty of time to settle in. Any comments on roughly how long it took for the system's sound to stabilize after the upgrade, and what was your approach to burning in the new stuff?

Your comment on the size of the new components was interresting. The Jensen caps and inductors that I received for a MG20R upgrade are humongous. So much so that I can't get away with an in-situ parts replacement as you were able to do. I'm now obliged to move everything out of the speaker, redesign the connections to the speaker elements, and come up with a decent chassis to house it all. I've dumped the circuit boards and have gone to point-to-point wiring with Cardas wire and Cardas solder.

I've been hoping that it'll turn out to be worth the hassle. and your success is great encouragement!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.