In Reply to: Of course !! posted by pmarafio on February 10, 2002 at 11:59:37:
... adding the felt would change the speaker Qts, but considering that they were purported to have been acoustically measured as 3 or 4. This initially sounded absurd to me as it would be indicative of poor transients. However, when I played with some equations, I saw that the actual acoustic Qts of a purely resistive driver is probably half of that measured via SPL. So, since the transients are that corresponding to a 1½ or 2, I thought a little variventing of the perforations may help.
OTOH, I don't see how stiffening the steel plate is any more than tweakers who do the exact same thing of dynamic chasis with weight, wood, and modeling clay.
» moderate Mart £ «
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Modification for the stand - Jian 21:45:00 02/09/02 (14)
- P.S. Warning - Jian 08:42:39 02/10/02 (1)
- what happened with your MG20s? - Mart 08:59:24 02/10/02 (0)
- are the struts in front too? - Mart 07:49:29 02/10/02 (4)
- Re: are the struts in front too? - Jian 08:40:33 02/10/02 (3)
- always wondered if it would work on bass - Mart 07:43:30 02/10/02 (6)
- Re: always wondered if it would work on bass - Jian 08:55:25 02/10/02 (5)Follow Ups
- I admit ... - Mart 19:45:55 02/10/02 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.