Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Adding a tweeter to MMG

It was the guy in Deerfield beach, right off of Hillsborough. He didn't try to upsell me too hard, though he did play a pair of .7s, and showed me the whole family.

I was pretty upfront with my plan, and budget.

It was one of the smaller rooms to the left (north) coming in the front door. The bass on the .7s is one thing that disturbed me, in that it didn't seem under control at all. Regarding the bass on .7s, I just think that room has a nasty node, or something.

I sent the guy the following, do you think it is reasonable?

==========================================================
Thanks for taking the time to let me listen to the Magnepan speakers today.

As you were able to tell I was not impressed.

I was trying to determine whether it was the room, the amplifier, the music, or me. Many people say many great things about the speakers and I can't believe that what I was hearing was the same thing that others rave about.

A few things about the setup;

The room appeared to be about 15' square with 12' ceilings. There were treatments in all of the corners as well as the some on the walls them self. Am I correct regarding the dimensions?

The amplifier, which I do not remember the name of (Classe?) appeared to be relatively low power, 150 watts per channel. If not please indicate the amplifier model or specs.

I guess the best choice is to put a pair in my listening room, and see what I hear. The MMGs do have a 60 day home trial, which I hesitate to take advantage of since I am so ambivalent after listening to them. Is the 60 day trial;

Available through your store?

Something that you have any hesitation in doing?

Is there a restocking fee?
===================================================================

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.