Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tell us about your room

If only! The radiators do bang when the heat comes up, often more loudly than the music. But the real problem is the radiator that insists on living where my left hand woofer panels should be. I spoke to the plumber about moving it to another wall but it usually takes at least a year before the plumber shows up to do anything.

Same sadly undersized listening room, by the way, I just reoriented things so that the fireplace is on my right instead of behind my speakers. Works much better sonically but it doesn't do wonders for the appearance of the room, unless I push the panels back beyond the fireplace, in which case the image suffers since they're only 3' from the wall. Maybe my RFZ will do something about that.

Glad you're getting a new TV but sorry to hear it will be creating sonic problems! One good thing about a projector, it doesn't get in the way.

Still not sure whether the computer will be too noisy but I'm about to find out. If it is, it goes back in my home office and I run long cables, the way I used to have it. It's a good arrangement but it's a PITA because of all the cables. Either that, or I put ventilation in the closet and put the computer there, but that's something else I don't have time to do as it means knocking through two walls and running a flexible duct between them.

I originally equipped this computer with a supposedly quiet power supply but it turned out to have an annoying characteristic in that there's an annoying thunking in between fan off and fan on because the fan can't decided whether to turn or not so it sits there shaking instead . . .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.